Looking for an alternative to PayPal because you are tired of the hassle and the large chunk of change they take from your art sales? Then allow me to introduce you to Dwolla, a new payment network that is changing how people exchange money online and off.
Dwolla is different and better for a lot of reasons:
- Cash inspired payment system – money is exchanged from bank to bank only and credit cards are not an option.
- Transactions under $10 are free – yes completely free, no sign up fee, no transaction fee or percentage taken from money exchanged.
- Transactions over $10 are only $0.25 each no matter the amount – yes even if someone buys a $5,000 painting from you and pays through Dwolla the transaction fee is only $0.25.
- There are no contracts, no registrations costs, no hidden fees, no annual charges, no membership dues, no terminal fees, no setup fees, and no PCI compliance needed.
- Integrates with many popular shopping carts such as Shopify, Magento, and osCommerce.
Dwolla is fairly new though and still growing so I am sure there will be more great features on the way.
I suggest heading over to Dwolla.com and checking them out to see if the service fits into your art sales efforts in anyway. It might be that PayPal alternative you are looking for. I could see it being great for any artist who sells low dollar items online due to the low or no cost of transactions. Or Dwolla could open up a whole new market for you if payment and transactions fees have held you back from offering low dollar amount items.
There are plenty of PayPal horror stories out there so it is nice to know an artist has options.
As always please let me know if you have any questions using the comment section below or my contact page.